Terms of Reference
- A maximum of 5 members of the Council – Chairman, Vice-Chairman plus three.
- Membership will be for one year from the date of appointment at the Annual Meeting of the Council.
- The Town Mayor and Deputy Town Mayor are ex officio members of every Committee of the Council, with full voting rights.
The Committee has delegated authority to deal with the following matters to conclusion;
- To receive and make observations on local applications for planning.
- To receive and note decisions of the planning authorities in respect of local planning applications.
- To receive and note appeals against refusal of local.
- To receive and discuss matters relating to enforcement action or breaches of planning regulations.
The committee will consider and make recommendations to full Council on:
- Any review or amendments of Terms of Reference relevant to this.
- Any matters that are deemed significant enough to require full council consideration or approval.
Meeting arrangements and frequency:
Meetings will be held monthly on the first Monday of the month, other than when there is a Bank Holiday when they will be held on the following Monday. A calendar will be agreed at the annual council meeting. Election of the committee chairman will be the first business of the initial committee meeting. The Clerk will record meetings. The minutes of the Committee are to be reported to and received by the Council at each Full Council meeting. Meetings will begin at 9pm unless otherwise stated on the agenda. Standing orders on rules of debate and on interests of members in contracts or other matters shall apply.
A minimum number of three Committee members are required for decision-making purposes.
The committee will be a standing committee of the council. The appointment of the committee will be considered at the Annual Council Meeting who may decide to alter or dissolve the committee as required.