Subject Access Request Form

Under the Data Protection Act you have a statutory right to request confirmation that the council is processing your data and to request to see information held on you by that organisation.You also have the right to be told:

  • the purposes of and legal basis for the processing;
  • the categories of personal data concerned;
  • the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data has been disclosed;
  • the period for which the personal data is to be held;
  • that you have rights to rectification and erasure of personal data where, for example, factual information has been recorded incorrectly;
  • that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office and the contact details of the Commissioner;
  • any information about the origin of the personal data concerned.

This information is likely to be available in general terms within our privacy notices, however you can request it in addition to any request to see your records.

To request to see your records, please complete this form, read and sign the declaration and then send the completed form to Silloth-on-Solway Town Council.

To ensure proper security, the Town Council must be sure of your identity before complying with a subject access request. To confirm your identity, we need to see an official document with a photograph, such as a driving licence or a passport.

If you are making the request on behalf of another individual to access their information, we will need written consent from the individual to whom the data relates as well as your proof of identity.

If you have legal authorisation to act on behalf of an individual, such as if you act with power of attorney or as a litigation friend, you will need to provide a copy of that authorisation to evidence it.

We can refuse your request if it is manifestly unfounded or excessive, such as if it is repetitive. We will explain why we consider your request to be manifestly unfounded or excessive if we do refuse it.

A copy of the Subject Access Request Form (pdf file) can be downloaded from the website.

Please send the completed form to the Data Protection Officer, Silloth-on-Solway Town Council, 5 Burnswark Terrace, Solway Street, Silloth, Cumbria, CA7 4EF.

If as a result of the response to your request you are dissatisfied with the way we are using your personal information you should raise the matter with the Data Protection Officer who can be contacted via the address above. We will do everything we can to put the matter right if the council has not processed your data correctly. You also have a right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office.

We only use the information that you provide for us to process your request. We may need to share that you have made a request with other organisations if we hold information about you that they have supplied and we need to consult with those organisations regarding release of the information to you. Records of requests will be kept for 6 years after the closure of the request for operational, statistical and audit purposes.