Policy for the use of Electricity on the Green
- A request to have access and use of electricity from one of the electricity kiosks on the Green, is to be included with the ‘Application for an event’.
- The application will be considered by the Town Council and confirmation sent to the organiser of the event.
- A key to access the electricity kiosk is to be obtained from Ken Wannop, prior to an event.
- A deposit of £10 is payable which will be refunded in full, on the safe return of the key.
- One person is to be responsible for the safe keeping of the key at all times and will be responsible for returning the key to the Council immediately after an event.
- Meter readings are to be taken before and after an event to ascertain the amount of electricity used. These will be recorded by a member of the grounds maintenance team in the presence of the key holder.
- The amount of electricity used at events etc will be monitored and the Town Council, at its own discretion, may decide to make a charge for the electricity, to cover the costs incurred.
- Any damage arising as a result of negligence or malicious misuse of the equipment by the event organiser or by those for whom the organiser is responsible, will be the responsibility of the event organiser. The costs of any repairs to make good the damage, to the reasonable satisfaction of the Council, will be the responsibility of the event organiser.
- In the interests of safety, any problems in relation to the electricity kiosks and associated equipment should be immediately reported to the Town Council, by either contacting the Town Clerk or Ken Wannop.
- Contact Number Town Clerk, Wendy Jameson Mob: 0777 5686857