Advice for Businesses and Employees Affected by Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The government has updated its guidance to assist employers, employees and businesses.
This guidance provides advice on:
- the novel coronavirus, COVID-19
- how to help prevent spread of COVID-19
- what to do if someone has symptoms of COVID-19 and has been in business settings eligibility for sick pay
See the latest government guidance
Financial Support for Businesses
Also Allerdale Borough Council has a lot of useful information.
You can check here if you are eligible for a business support grant, find out what types of grant are available, apply for a grant and find out about how your application will be processed.
Small business grant funding
- to support small businesses that already pay little or no business rates because of small business rate relief (SBRR), rural rate relief (RRR) and tapered relief
- a one-off £10,000 grant will be available for businesses which qualify for small business rate relief (SBBR) or rural rate relief (RRR) to help meet their ongoing business costs. The maximum rateable value limit is £15,000
Cash grant for retail, hospitality and leisure
- to support those businesses in the retail, hospitality or leisure sector
- a one-off cash grant of £25,000 to eligible businesses with rateable values between £15,001 and £50,999
- a one-off cash grant of £10,000 to eligible businesses with rateable values up to £15,000 (and not in receipt of either small business rate relief (SBBR) or rural rate relief (RRR))
Allerdale Borough Council have also provided guidance for food businesses/caterers on providing a takeaway service.
The government has a Business Support Helpline available on 0300 456 3565. Also, the Government Business Support website helps you find the right support, advice and information to help with the impact of coronavirus (Covid-19) on your business.
- Acas – Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice for employers and employees