Planned Road Closure – Solway Coast Cycling Festival – Silloth
A Temporary Traffic Regulation Order noting several restrictions has been put in place to facilitate the Solway Coast Cycling Festival in Silloth which is expected to commence 4 June 2023 and anticipated to take 1 day.
Please see below details of the extents of the closure and alternative route, the relevant legal notice can be viewed at https://api-gb.one.network/downloads/tm/4586/all-13-23-various-roads-silloth-solway-coast-cycling-festival-16a_6c2dc75c94.pdf and a location plan clearly showing these extents can be found on one.network via link https://one.network/?tm=133926000
Location: To prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the following lengths of road: –
1. B5302 Criffel Street, Silloth from its junction with Petteril Street to its junction with Eden Street.
Alternative Route: via the unrestricted section of the B5302 Petteril Street, Solway Street and B5301 Eden Street.
2. U2251 Station Road, Silloth from its junction with the B5302 Eden Street extending in a Southerly direction for approx. 120m.
There is no suitable alternative route available for motor vehicles.
3. Esk Street, Silloth from its junction with Church Terrace to its junction with the B5302 Criffel Street.
4. Church Terrace, Silloth from its junction with Caldew Street to its junction with Esk Street.
5. Caldew Street, Silloth from its junction with B5302 Criffel Street to its junction with Church Terrace.
Alternative Route for 3 to 4 above: via the unrestricted section of the Esk Street, Solway Street and Caldew Street.
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times
Should you have any queries in relation to this restriction please contact the Highways Hotline by calling 0300 373 3736 or via the Cumberland Council website, quoting the reference TTRO/4706