Stay at home, keep communities safe and save lives
You must stay at home, only leaving for the following very limited purposes:
- Shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible.
- One form of exercise a day – for example, a run, walk, cycle or to walk the dog – alone or with members of your immediate household.
- Any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.
- Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home.
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (but only if you cannot work from home).
- Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people.
- Do not meet others, even friends or family. You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home.
- Cumbria Police update – We will continue our approach advising people not to travel to Cumbria
- Coronavirus outbreak FAQs: what you can and can’t do
- Full guidance on staying at home and away from others
- Stay at home guidance for households with possible coronavirus
- Guidance on shielding and protecting people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable from COVID-19
- Find out what you can do if you’re struggling because of coronavirus