The Highway Integrated Management System (HIMS) is the computer system used by Highways, Transport and Fleet to manage calls from the public as well as supporting the delivery of many other aspects of their service.
Key aspects of the new HIMS system include:
An improved interactive map on the County Council website, with clear instructions for use, that enables the public to:
Report a New Problem on the Highway:
- Easily report a fault by searching for street name or postcode. Plus the ability to pinpoint the location directly onto the map,
- The ability to provide an email address, enabling automatic notification of the fault and reference number along with updates on the progress of the repair,
- The ability to report a fault without leaving an email address should the member of the public prefer,
Track the status of an existing Highway Problem:
- The ability to easily locate a fault via reference number or location and to track updates on progress with the repair,
- Provide an email address to enable automatic updates on the progress of the fault direct to their inbox,
Raise an Enquiry / Request with the Highways Service:
- The ability to easily raise an enquiry with the Highways Service such as request for dropped kerb, speed concerns, request for new signage etc.
To report a fault go to:-